Our History 

Originally established in 1950 on Sheppard St., the Espanola General Hospital later moved to a new building on Tudhope St. in 1954.

 

The hospital was redeveloped at its current site on McKinnon Drive in 1988. A new 32-Bed nursing home was added in 2004 and a Family Health Team in 2007.The hospital was redeveloped at its current site on McKinnon Drive in 1988. A new 32-Bed nursing home was added in 2004 and a Family Health Team in 2007.


In 2009, Espanola General Hospital was rebranded and is now known as Espanola Regional Hospital & Health Centre (ERHHC). The re-developed emergency department opened in 2014, adding new exam rooms. Today, ERHHC is home to a state of the art 79-Bed health campus serving a population of about 14,000 with a catchment area that includes the Town of Espanola and Townships of: Nairn & Hyman, Sables-Spanish River and Baldwin.